Reasons to use D

Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 11 09:07:08 PDT 2015

On Friday, 11 September 2015 at 15:37:45 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> In the JavaScript world you have various versions of
> JavaScript, TypeScript, TypeScript+React, TypeScript+Angular,
> they coexists. So, as long as you can easily interface between
> languages it is ok.

> I think language designers should focus more on creating
> languages for writing libraries to use with other languages
> than creating host languages. I am very unlikely to use Rust
> and D as host languages (Swift, Objective-C, Python etc are
> more likely).

I never understood those TypeScript people. They would learn a
*new* language, just to compile it into JavaScript?

> I think the JavaScript world is doing much better at the
> integration part than other platforms. There are now more and
> more browser-compilers where you can write code for various
> languages and have it compiled to JavaScript on the fly. Even
> OCaml:
>
> http://zhanghongbo.me/js-demo/

Maybe there are so many tools for JavaScript, because it is so
simple?

And if you are in the JavaScript-is-evil camp, it is already
obvious that there are so many tools.

In either case, they are not doing better. It is their natural
course of action.