Better lambdas!!!!!!!!!!

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 11 16:11:26 PDT 2015

On Friday, 11 September 2015 at 20:16:42 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:

>> That's one of the main reasons that I hate the idea of named
>> arguments.
>> It's more stuff that's part of the API, more public stuff that
>> you have
>> to name correctly and risk bikeshedding arguments over, and
>> more stuff
>> that can you can't change without breaking existing code.
>>
>> - Jonathan M Davis
>
> Note that parameter names can already be determined by user
> code using reflection.

True, but as soon as you're doing much with reflection, all bets
are off anyway, because it often becomes trivial to break code by
making small changes. And I think that it's pretty clear at this
point that you can't expect parameter names to not change, since
they're not part of the function signature (even if compile-time
reflection does let you get at them), which would not be the case
if we had named arguments.

- Jonathan M Davis