module std.stream is deprecated - Will be removed by phobos version 2.070

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 11 18:23:49 PDT 2015

On Friday, 11 September 2015 at 23:32:01 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Undead is a great idea at least because it's a good place to
> park documentation for legacy code. In fact we should move
> undead to the dlang repo (now it's in digitalmars).

Makes sense.

> Let's let std.stream lay low for a while more, it's really not
> preventing anything from happening.

Given that it's not in the docs, I do think that it should be
deprecated (like it is now), but I definitely think that it
should stick around longer than just 2.070. I don't like the idea
of leaving deprecated code around long term, but we definitely
want to give folks time to transition their code and reduce the
risk of them missing the deprecation messages entirely because
they waited half a year to update their compiler.

Though, now that I think about it, we should probably also put it
in undead now (assuming that undead doesn't use std, which I
assume it doesn't) - but still leave it in Phobos for the moment
as well. Then folks that want to keep using it can just switch to
the undead repo and not see the deprecation messages anymore if
they don't intend to actually change their code so that it
doesn't use std.stream, and those that haven't updated their code
or switched to using undead would still see the deprecation
messages.

- Jonathan M Davis