Reasons to use D

skoppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 11 20:52:08 PDT 2015

On Friday, 11 September 2015 at 19:54:55 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Friday, 11 September 2015 at 15:30:05 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
> wrote:
>> Does it have to do with char encodings?
>
> Not the issue I hit.
Ah, forget about my suggestion, I misread something on the link
you send.

> So when it said "This method uses the browser's innerHTML
> property", I wasn't expecting it to behave significantly
> differently!

That is not the only way it behaves differently. jQuery's html()
will actually execute inline script, whereas innerHTML won't.

Coming back to the thread's title, jQuery is a perfectly valid
reason to use D. Sad that there is no proper way to do modern web
development in D.