Floating point in the type system

Robert via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 12 12:02:15 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 12 September 2015 at 15:13:27 UTC, Robert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I came across this example, and wondered what your thoughts on
> it are:
>

> <snip>
>
> It seems a little unusual to me.
>
> Robert

For what it's worth, I was investigating this initially as a
discussion about adding type-level values in Rust, and how to
handle unusual cases like this. In the process we've managed to
break the Idris type system:
https://github.com/idris-lang/Idris-dev/issues/2609. There's been
quite a lot of interesting discussion about it on the IRC
channels for all three languages :) I'd be interested to know how
other languages handle this, if anyone knows.