GC performance: collection frequency

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 14 12:25:06 PDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 07:19:53PM +0000, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> Isn't there some amount of configuration that can currently be done
> via environment variables? Or was that just something that someone had
> done in one of the GC-related dconf talks that never made it into
> druntime proper?  It definitely seemed like a good idea in any case.
[...]

If it's undocumented, it's as good as not existing as far as end users
are concerned. :-) I didn't see anything mentioned in core.memory's
docs, nor in dlang.org's page on the GC, nor on the wiki's GC page.

Programming is not just an act of telling a computer what to do: it is
also an act of telling other programmers what you wished the computer to
do. Both are important, and the latter deserves care. -- Andrew Morton