dpaste web site

nazriel via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 15 16:51:35 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 9 September 2015 at 23:55:27 UTC, Vladimir
Panteleev wrote:
> On Wednesday, 9 September 2015 at 22:59:42 UTC, nazriel wrote:
>> I really have no idea,
>> I tried to copy and paste those links and indeed they trigger
>> recaptcha...
>> Not sure if recaptcha is so weak or indeed it is a human
>> posting those links %)
>
> It costs 0.1 cent ($0.001) to have a human solve a reCAPTCHA.
>
>> I will look into methods used in this forum and vibe.d forum.
>
> For forum.dlang.org and wiki.dlang.org I created DCaptcha,
> which asks a D programming question:
> https://github.com/CyberShadow/dcaptcha
>
> It is only activated if Akismet or other spam detectors report
> "spam". It used to have many questions of various difficulty,
> but currently it only asks 1 type of question. So far this
> blocked 100% of spam.
>
> AFAIK vibe.d forum uses a Bayesian filter which IIRC generally
> works well but had to be tweaked once or twice. This could work
> well for DPaste if it's trained to distinguish D code from
> not-code.

Nice,

I've tried your idea (somehow). Lets see if it helps.

Anyways:
* I've implemented better captcha mechanism + blocking system.
If you fail captcha for 3 times in a row - pasting will be
disabled for 15 minutes.
* I've fixed registration with GitHub, Facebook and internal
database (captcha wasn't working there and api keys expired for
those services)

The next step will be improving Backend itself so I will get rid
of errors when running examples on main dlang page.

Also @Vladimir, thanks for the pull request regarding examples
and for making me a "watcher" in dpaste related issues on
bugzilla.

Best regards,
Damian Ziemba