dmd codegen improvements

Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 16 07:16:14 PDT 2015

On 28/08/2015 22:59, Walter Bright wrote:
> People told me I couldn't write a C compiler, then told me I couldn't
> write a C++ compiler. I'm still the only person who has ever implemented
> a complete C++ compiler (C++98). Then they all (100%) laughed at me for
> starting D, saying nobody would ever use it.
>
> My whole career is built on stepping over people who told me I couldn't
> do anything and wouldn't amount to anything.

So your whole career is fundamentally based not on bringing value to the
software world, but rather merely proving people wrong? That amounts to
living your professional life in thrall of other people's validation,
and it's not commendable at all. It's a waste of your potential.

It is only worthwhile to prove people wrong when it brings you a
considerable amount of either monetary resources or clout - and more so
than you would have got doing something else with your time.

It's not clear to me that was always the case throughout your career...
was it?

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros