running code on the homepage

nazriel via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 17 07:48:06 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 16 September 2015 at 20:52:08 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 09/16/2015 09:49 AM, nazriel wrote:
>> 1-2 days more and we will be done with it so IMHO no need take
>> any
>> additionals steps for it right now.
>
> That's great, thanks for doing this. What is the current status
> with regard to making the online compilation infrastructure
> publicly accessible and improvable? Ideally everything would be

That's the plan.
Currently I am working on upgrading both frontend and backend to
be up-to-date with current requirements. I am also trying to
integrate the look of dpaste.dzfl.pl to match the one on
dlang.org so we could make dpaste part of the *.dlang.org fleet.

Once I am done with those things (should take up to 2 weeks) -
the whole product - frontend and backend will be fully
open-sourced and available on github for forking.

Currently my main focus is on making Backend less restrictive so
we can spawn threads, run all examples from dlang.org without
restrictions etc.

The backend will be the first thing that will be open-sourced and
it should happen before end of the current week (19.09.2015).

> in the open, and we (= the fledgling D Language Foundation)
> would pay for the server infrastructure. Please advise, thanks.

I still need to catch up with Vladimir via @ if he is OK with
moving dpaste backend into dedicated unprivileged LinuX
Container. If yes - then probably we can stick with his server -
if not we should discuss other options.

For the first 2 weeks it will run it on my server - but I would
prefer to not place it on my server - in case I disappear for a
while again ;)

> -- Andrei

Best regards,
Damian Ziemba