dmd: failed to launch executable

John Colvin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 19 10:44:21 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 19 September 2015 at 16:44:38 UTC, Rinzler wrote:
>> Quick point about paths and so on: if you don't understand
>> what's going on, or have just made a change and want to be
>> sure whether it worked, always open a new terminal session and
>> try again. There are caches that can need emptying,
>> environment variables that get inadvertently set etc.
>> I can't count the number of times I've been convinced
>> somethings completely broken only to start a new terminal and
>> find it all makes perfect sense again.
>>
>> Totally simple, obvious advice, I know, but nonetheless always
>> worth repeating.
>
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> By the way, do you know a clean way to manage the installation
> and eventually the uninstallation of dmd, and all libraries
> related to D, etc, so that I don't have anymore these kind of
> problems?

Compilers and tools: If possible let homebrew manage everything.
If not feasible, use a separate folder for manually installed
tools, don't let them get confused with installations from
installers, package managers or system tools.

Libraries: let dub handle them, if possible. If not possible, see
above.