Anyone interested on working on a D parser ?

Leandro T. C. Melo via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 20 05:52:03 PDT 2015

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm aware of SDC and Hackerpilot's. In
particular an ANTLR grammar that used to live in the DGrammar repo,
which I curiously noticed has been removed by a commit in January - I
suppose the intention is to progress with libdparse. Was this decision
oriented by taste or due to any technical difficulty?

What I need to balance now is whether 1) I continue work on the Bison
grammar I already have or 2) I evaluate such alternatives to re-write
the parser. Given the amount of time I can invest in this project,
I'll probably stick with 1. But I'd be open to consider 2 if it's a
joint effort.

Leandro

ps: thedeemon, I guess you mean older versions of ANTLR. ANTLR 3 and 4
didn't feature a C++ target (at least originally, if I recall
correctly).