Moving back to .NET

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 22 06:38:32 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 22 September 2015 at 11:44:35 UTC, Maxim Fomin wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 September 2015 at 11:01:28 UTC, Chris wrote:
>>
>> to be confined by committee decisions etc.,
>
> D has committee (Walter & Andrei). Some of their decisions
> frustrate D users too.

Sure, but in many cases D allows you to work around decisions you
don't like. Plus, you can actively contribute, make suggestions
and prove your case. The length of some threads shows that
Walter, Andrei and others involved in the development take input
seriously and answer questions and give the reasons for their
decisions.

That a language needs people who make the final decision about
something is necessary. That these decisions are not always to
everyone's liking is inevitable. Given the contradictory nature
of requirements in programming, it's only logical that one cannot
cater for both sides all the time. D has a long list of requested
features that actually made it into the language quite fast,
unlike other languages that beat about the bush for years, before
they finally incorporate something users really do want. So the
general approach is sound, however, due to a lack of resources,
not all is well, e.g. PRs stay in the pipe too long. But as I
said before, it's only from D that users expect perfection, other
languages are accepted as they are, warts and all.