Stroustrup is disappointed with D :(

ponce via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 23 01:27:40 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 22 September 2015 at 18:58:31 UTC, Tourist wrote:
> "D disappointed me so much when it went the Java way".
> https://github.com/isocpp/CppCoreGuidelines/blob/master/CppCoreGuidelines.md#to-do-unclassified-proto-rules
>
> It's something about virtual calls, but I didn't understand
> what he means. What does he mean?

I fail to see how the multi-part C++ object initialization is any
better than the one of D.
It just is very simple in D: first assign .init, then call the
destructor, virtual calls allowed (of course!).

The weird rules of virtual functions in ctor/dtor in C++ just
feel like one more special case. It doesn't even seem more
efficient, quite the contrary. But it makes good interview
questions I guess.