Moving back to .NET

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 23 01:56:55 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 22 September 2015 at 18:30:35 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
> I think the process changes a lot when you are working with an
> actual language spec for several years and get experimental
> implementations in compilers a long time before release. Add
> also the number of qualified eyeballs looking at proposals... I
> don't think the C++ designers have made many serious mistakes
> in the last few iterations (although it could happen again in

Though there was a questionable change in C standard:
introduction of timespec, which locally redefined meaning of
time_t as a transparent type, along with legacy definition of
time_t as an opaque type. Maybe legacy definition could be
dropped, but it didn't happen.