Indicators and traction…

Wyatt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 23 08:33:43 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 23 September 2015 at 13:58:09 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> We should get TV commercials.
>
> I'm not even really kidding, when I see something advertised on
> television, it plants a seed in my brain that this brand is
> serious and mainstream. After all, they were able to secure a
> spot on my local channel!
>
> We're talking about perception here and there may not be a
> technical solution to that. It is a marketing problem and what
> do professional marketers do to make an impression of their
> product?
>

> It'd probably cost like a million dollars to sponsor Jeopardy!
> or something though.

Television is a bit pie-in-the-sky, but I think you may be on the
right track.  For example, I know I've seen
conferences/conventions that have some advertisement in their
program books.  Sure, it won't have the shotgun reach of the
telly, but...well, I don't know about you all, but I don't even
own a TV.

Though targeted ads on Youtube might work?  Adwords?  Other
advertising networks?

-Wyatt