Indicators and traction…

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 23 08:57:51 PDT 2015

> While there is truth to this, it's also true that people's time is
> valuable, and many programmers are not going to want to spend time
> learning a language that they're not going to be able to use in the long
> run. And even if it can be used in the long run, if they're not going to
> be able to use it in a job, then maybe their time is better spent
> learning a language which they _will_ be able to use in their job - or
> even help them get a job if they know it.

Well, even then, there's still *somebody* making decisions with
popularity over merit, even when (or *especially* when) it's a manager
instead of a developer.

And I am speaking about the general decision making process here, not
just specifically about the choice to "use/learn D" or "not use/learn D".