Moving back to .NET

rumbu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 23 11:36:00 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 22 September 2015 at 11:01:28 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Sunday, 20 September 2015 at 17:32:53 UTC, Adam wrote:
>
>> It's almost exclusively due to the error messages and IDE. I
>> know many here will write off such complaints, So be it.
>>

> The thing is that a lot of people who use D don't mind the lack
> of IDE support.

IDE is not just a nice interface to write code. It's a way to
organize files, AST based file browsing, github integration, and
- the most important aspect for me - is the *integrated debugging
support*. I'll never use dmd from command line and the lack of
IDE support would be definitely a stopper for me.

The same people not minding the lack of IDE support are usually
the Linux guys. Personally, I don't know any Windows developer
masochistic enough to use the command line when an IDE is
available for the task described above.