Indicators and traction…

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 23 12:40:32 PDT 2015

On 09/23/2015 02:57 PM, Ola Fosheim Grostad wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 September 2015 at 18:33:06 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> Except D2's already surpassed D1 :)
>
> That's true, although D1 had a more active library producing community?

Hmm, that's not the impression I get (aside from Tango which was a
pretty large effort).

D1 had a lot of little libs that briefly blipped and got abandoned. D2
has code.dlang.org and github, and maybe(?) a few fewer libs overall,
but what libs it does have tend to be more stable/mature. Almost like D2
was kind of a shake-out, filtering out less serious/mature projects and
giving the others a better foundation to grow on.

Of course, the rapid pace of language development around the D1 days
made it harder for libs to be well-maintained anyway, compared to now.