Moving back to .NET

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 23 14:02:43 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 23 September 2015 at 18:36:01 UTC, rumbu wrote:
> IDE is not just a nice interface to write code. It's a way to
> organize files, AST based file browsing, github integration,
> and - the most important aspect for me - is the *integrated
> debugging support*. I'll never use dmd from command line and
> the lack of IDE support would be definitely a stopper for me.

While it is easy to agree with you, I don't think a lack of IDE
or even libraries is something one should expect to be addressed
by the language developer. Those are issues one can find
solutions to if D is suitable and different people have different
taste. Go and Rust have been in the same boat. This is not a show
stopper...

So I hope the focus stays on language semantics, syntax, runtime
and memory management. Emacs with D-mode works ok for now, I
think.