D ranked as #25 by IEEE spectrum

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 23 18:31:20 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 23 September 2015 at 22:20:35 UTC, Meta wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 September 2015 at 19:28:00 UTC, Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad wrote:
>> http://spectrum.ieee.org/static/interactive-the-top-programming-languages-2015
>
> They list D as useful for web development and embedded, but not
> desktop apps... And they list Rust was useful for desktop apps
> and web development. Something's fishy here.

I think they spent most time on the top 10 when it comes to
qualitative assessment, the rest is done using quantitative
aggregation.

If you click on "Open" you see the ranking on open source
networks (like Github). Here D sadly falls down to 32, wheras
Rust is getting a much better rank. Which is probably right, open
source networks do to some extent show trends.