Indicators and traction…

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 24 10:45:36 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 24 September 2015 at 15:35:40 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
> For instance, x64 SEH is actually beautiful and supports any
> language out of the box. Innovations happens on both (or rather
> on all) sides of the fence.

Nobody is denying that there are still innovations happening in
Windows.  The problem is that they still act as though they own
the market, when they're now the minority computing platform.
Worse, the larger platforms' toolchains are much more open, so
they look much worse by comparison.  They need to stop shooting
themselves in the foot, if they want to survive.  Personally, I
don't mind if they don't. :)