Indicators and traction…

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 24 12:50:14 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 24 September 2015 at 18:39:34 UTC, Laeeth Isharc
wrote:
> On Thursday, 24 September 2015 at 09:48:24 UTC, Chris wrote:
>> The amount of random criticism that is thrown at D, confirms,
>> imo, that it is really good, else people wouldn't bother to
>> attack it so passionately. Only really good creations are
>> attacked with a passion - be it in art or technology.
>
> Yes - that's very insightful.  I wonder why that is.

Similarly, I've heard it said that D programmers have no problem
criticizing D while still using it because of how good we think
it is, whereas the proponents of some other languages freak out
if you say anything negative about their language at all (though
I don't think that the D community is completely immune to that -
especially in the context of D vs some other language rather than
when just talking about D and how it could be improved).

- Jonathan M Davis