Moving back to .NET

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 24 21:26:24 PDT 2015

On Friday, 25 September 2015 at 03:00:12 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:

> I do kind of wonder though what MS would do if the majority of
> Windows programmers really got a taste of how great the command
> line is and started complaining to MS en masse about how MS
> needs to have a proper command line - preferably even port over
> something like bash or zsh with all of the fantastic tools that
> come with that. I don't see any reason why they couldn't do
> that, but they're completely focused on GUIs and doing their
> own thing.

MYSYS 2[1] is bash for Windows and has many Linux tools
available, using packman to manage them. Then there's also git
Bash[2], which is primarily focused on git but does provide other
tools (nowhere near what's available for MSYS 2, though).

[1] http://sourceforge.net/p/msys2/wiki/MSYS2%20installation/
[2] https://git-for-windows.github.io/