Moving back to .NET

jdeath via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 24 22:55:07 PDT 2015

On Friday, 25 September 2015 at 04:38:36 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> On 25/09/15 4:11 PM, Sebastiaan Koppe wrote:
>> On Friday, 25 September 2015 at 03:00:12 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>> wrote:
>>> I do kind of wonder though what MS would do if the majority
>>> of Windows
>>> programmers really got a taste of how great the command line
>>> is and
>>> started complaining to MS en masse about how MS needs to have
>>> a proper
>>> command line - preferably even port over something like bash
>>> or zsh
>>> with all of the fantastic tools that come with that. I don't
>>> see any
>>> reason why they couldn't do that, but they're completely
>>> focused on
>>> GUIs and doing their own thing.
>>>
>>> - Jonathan M Davis
>>
>> Probably nothing, since they have PowerShell
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_PowerShell#Comparison_of_cmdlets_with_similar_commands
>>

> Unfortunately yup that is there replacement.
> Funny thing, the only people really using it are networkers.
> Not programmers. Who would have thought?
> Even though it is C# like and supports .net libs.

you guys are nuts.
instead of thinking about this shit, you should think about how
to make D usable for windows programmers.
don't think about linux crutsches. in my company people are not
even willing to think about D, since it has stone age tools, few
usable libraries and is changing at a rate that is incredible.
now c# will be compiled to machine code - people you lost.