Moving back to .NET

Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 25 03:42:18 PDT 2015

On 24/09/2015 06:04, rumbu wrote:
> Despite the fact that Mono-D is better than VisualD at syntax
> highlighting and code completion, it is very slow for large files and it
> crashes very often on Windows (this is not Mono-D fault, but Xamarins's).

I wonder if this is related to the GDB release one has in Windows? DDT
has a similar problem in that some GDB releases work better than others
(for example the Cygwin GDB doesn't work properly).

Ideally a bad GDB release / version should never crash or freeze the IDE
itself - but otherwise, it definitely can still affect the debugging
experience.

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros