Official D Language Blog

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 25 09:37:22 PDT 2015

On Friday, 25 September 2015 at 15:45:21 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> In this thread:
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/sobegniauemvcepnirwc@forum.dlang.org the issue of an official blog for the D Language came up. I believe this would be a good idea. There is currently plenty of content:
>
> - TWID is (hopefully) a weekly publication. It could be
> announced on the blog along with a short summary and a link.
> - Announce is pretty busy. A lot of those announcements would
> be more appropriate for a blog.
> - A while back, a page for D jobs was added to the wiki, but I
> don't think many people knew about it because they hadn't read
> that particular post in the forum.
> - The topic that started the linked thread is information that
> should not be buried in the forum.
>
> We would need two things: approval from Walter and Andrei, and
> someone that knows how to run a blog.

Years ago I used my D blog for posting all of the goings on in
the D world: reposting announcements, job openings, things I
noticed in other forums, interviews, and so on and was thinking
about getting that going again until Adam kicked off TWID to fill
that gap. I'll happily throw my name in the hat to manage an
official D blog.

I can't do anything in that direction until "Learning D" is
behind me and I've had a chance to take a short vacation. I also
would like to see what Andrei has planned for the D Foundation,
as I assume something like an official blog would fit in with its
mission. I was planning to bring this up at the end of the year.