Moving back to .NET

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 25 13:01:16 PDT 2015

On Friday, 25 September 2015 at 16:15:45 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> Where I think we don't do such a good job is curating such
> knowledge and presenting it in a form that's easy to digest for
> newcomers.  That's also a function of the kinds of people that
> are here, because creative people don't like doing boring
> things like write documentation.  (And they have other
> higher-valued demands on their time).  I don't know what the
> answer is, but we will have to find one over time.

BTW I don't get the documentation problem. I often catch myself
admiring my code, yeah I do a good job writing it, and by writing
docs I give it credit for its beauty, I brag about great job I
did. Like... "look there was this problem and I solved it in the
most elegant way possible, see how:... and it does this and that
because it's the best thing to do here, and it doesn't do that
because it's not good to do it here, and it has this little
feature that makes it better than without it and is really
helpful". So it feels like people don't want to write docs
because they think they wrote a crappy code and hence can't give
it credit, they are ashamed to speak about it.