Moving back to .NET

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 25 14:46:33 PDT 2015

On Friday, 25 September 2015 at 21:18:08 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Friday, 25 September 2015 at 20:52:32 UTC, Laeeth Isharc
> wrote:
>> A certain part of the population is endogenously motivated.
>
> What can be more endogenous than self-gratification? Or an
> incentive to write good code?
"
BTW I don't get the documentation problem. I often catch myself
admiring my code, yeah I do a good job writing it, and by writing
docs I give it credit for its beauty, I brag about great job I
did. Like... "look there was this problem and I solved it in the
most elegant way possible, see how:... and it does this and that
because it's the best thing to do here, and it doesn't do that
because it's not good to do it here, and it has this little
feature that makes it better than without it and is really
helpful"
"

Because for some people, writing it is enough, and now onto the
next challenge.  One has to accept that it's a big world with
room for many different kinds of people.

>> Your emotions are organised towards the problem domain - the
>> thing in itself - rather than social factors.  So when you
>> have done what you wanted to the standard you want, you have
>> your fix
>
> Sounds as if you have no interest in what you do. You get it
> done and forget about it as a nightmare, you don't like what
> you wrote.

;) !

Not everyone would agree with that one... as I do little else.

I was speaking about the general case, but since you made it a
personal reference - if I spent time to step back and admire my
handiwork, I wouldn't at this point have time to finish the
broader project as its at the limit of what's possible.