Pathing in the D ecosystem is generally broken (at least on windows)

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 26 03:02:45 PDT 2015

On 2015-09-26 05:08, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:

> Windows is just a terrible operating system and I wish it would die
> already, but OSS just can't get a reasonable Microsoft Office,
> Photoshop, or Visual Studio alternative together. I don't even care if
> it's free, I'd pay good money for a linux version of each of these
> programs, they just have to exist.

Photoshop and Microsoft Office are available on OS X. Visual Studio Code
is also available on OS X, although not the same as the regular Visual
Studio, I have no experience how they compare.

On OS X there's also Pixelmator as an alternative to Photoshop. I've
heard it's pretty good but I'm not experienced in this area so can't
really say if it's a viable option.

Sure OS X is not Linux, but it's a Unix system. Better than nothing :)

--
/Jacob Carlborg