Pathing in the D ecosystem is generally broken (at least on windows)

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 26 13:09:52 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 26 September 2015 at 19:22:16 UTC, Laeeth Isharc
wrote:
> On Saturday, 26 September 2015 at 14:31:15 UTC, Artur Skawina
> wrote:
>
>> Given the DMD licensing situation, nobody will (or should)
>> even look inside the DMD repo for info. Especially that
>> "backend" string is really scary. I decided to blindly trust
>> your words above, and, with trembling hands, somehow managed
>> to click that link. Phew. That file really appears to be boost
>> licensed.
> ...>
>> Open source code hidden somewhere deep inside a non-free
>> compiler implementation might just as well not exist, as noone
>> interested will be willing to look for it there.
>

> out of curiosity, what is your concern?  as I understand it you
> can produce derived works but the restriction is on
> redistribution of the compiler, and if you care about that you
> ask Walter and he says yes.

Those who have had to deal with copyright lawyers become
paranoid: ;)

http://forum.dlang.org/post/mailman.2659.1403347797.2907.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com
http://forum.dlang.org/post/dmfr07$2u3u$1@digitaldaemon.com
http://forum.dlang.org/post/euuvum$171f$1@digitalmars.com