Pathing in the D ecosystem is generally broken (at least on windows)

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 26 14:18:18 PDT 2015

On 9/26/2015 7:24 AM, Artur Skawina via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Given the DMD licensing situation, nobody will (or should) even look
> inside the DMD repo for info. Especially that "backend" string is
> really scary. I decided to blindly trust your words above, and, with
> trembling hands, somehow managed to click that link. Phew. That file
> really appears to be boost licensed.

Even if cv8.c was locked up tight with licensing, the CV8 file format itself
would not be covered by such license. CV8 is not a Digital Mars file format,
it's a Microsoft format.

Now, if Microsoft decided to assert some sort of IP control over the CV8 format
in order to prevent LLVM from generating CV8 format, whether I implemented CV8
in LLVM or the LLVM did would make no difference. I have no authority over
Microsoft licensing issues and don't speak for Microsoft on them.