Pathing in the D ecosystem is generally broken (at least on windows)

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 28 04:23:16 PDT 2015

On 28 September 2015 at 09:51, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 9/27/2015 12:54 AM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> They simply don't recognise its existence. It's a piece of antiquated
>> detritus, only used by strange people who wear woolen shirts
>> pretending to be *nix users while using windows ;)
>

> ?? Visual Studio sets all these environment variables, in addition to the
> usual blizzard set by Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft programs:
>
> [...]

Huh? We're talking about the environment dialog box right... or so I though?

Maybe you're objecting with the suggestion that normal users really do
actively use environment variables? If so, your example refers to
auto-configured stuff that's completely invisible to average users, as
it should be in windows.
I've never used the VS command prompt in almost 20 years. Not once.
It's only linux ports that require you to mess with the environment in
windows. MS would never require that of a user.