Help from the compiler when debugging failing template constraints - a pull request

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 28 19:20:17 PDT 2015

On Monday, 28 September 2015 at 20:25:21 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> I prefer the first one. How about you?
>
> Atila

Absolutely. The tedious hunt down with pragma(msg) needs to go.
One thing your example doesn't show is the next step after the
static assert fails: copy all of the asserts from the isWhatEver
code an write a pragma(msg) for each of those to find where the
problem is.

I believe that the error messages should be of the same quality
as the error messages when a class doesn't conform to an
interface, but this is a good start.