Indicators and traction…

ponce via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 29 07:51:30 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 23 September 2015 at 15:09:53 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:

> This is engineering, not fucking fashion. Popularity has no
> place in decision making here. From everything I've seen, 90%
> of the problems that exist in computing technology today can be
> traced back directly to some jackass(es) weighing popularity
> higher than actual technical merit.

Companies use whatever the money-making competition use, and
often bias their evaluations to favor doing things in the same
way.

Look at all these stories about Twitter/Facebook/WebStartup
technology stack. They wouldn't be anything interesting if they
weren't famous.

But they are visible and make money, so what they use must be the
right thing.