Pathing in the D ecosystem is generally broken (at least on windows)

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 29 08:05:32 PDT 2015

On 09/28/2015 03:44 PM, Walter Bright wrote:

> The dialog box itself is not an edit box, and copy simply does not work.
> (Just tried it again.) You cannot copy ANY text from it, even the
> highlighted text.
>
> This really blows when you've got a message window with an error message
> in it, and you cannot copy it to google it. You cannot copy the "About"
> dialog box text, either, so you have to painfully type in the
> version/build number when filing a bug report.
>
> Unbelievable.

That's one of the many reasons I absolutely despise the modern crop of
mobile OSes. (As opposed to PalmOS which worked REALLY damn well, at
least aside from the lack of WiFi which wouldn't have been realistic in
those days anyway. VERY productive and speedy interface. Puts the modern
smartphones completely to shame.)