zip packages to pack modules

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 29 10:13:25 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 29 September 2015 at 14:29:44 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 September 2015 at 12:04:51 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>> Again, that's the problem. You shouldn't have to write your
>> own dub package in order to use dub
>
> You don't. You have to write your own dub package in order for
> other
> people to use your code with dub.

How do you use someone else's dub library without using dub
yourself?

>>, and I shouldn't be forced to
>> tell a new D user that this is the documentation to read if
>> they want to use D:
>> http://code.dlang.org/package-format?lang=sdl
>
> They don't need that either. `dub init myProj dep1 dep2 ...;
> dub build`. Or
> just use git submodules, other people do.

Interesting. I wonder if there's a reason it's not documented on
the website.

"just use git submodules" is not an appealing statement for many
of those looking at D.

This is no way to organize a critical component of the D
ecosystem.