running code on the homepage

nazriel via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 29 17:11:46 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 16 September 2015 at 13:49:40 UTC, nazriel wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 September 2015 at 10:17:21 UTC, Dmitry
> Olshansky wrote:
>> On 16-Sep-2015 09:44, nazriel wrote:

>>> Thank you for letting us know,
>>>
>>> This issue will be fixed very soon.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Damian Ziemba
>>
>> May I suggest you to record such conditions with automatic
>> notification e.g. by e-mail.
>>
>> Only 1 in 10 of visitors will consider reporting an issue, of
>> these only 1 in 10 will get to dlang forum to post a message.
>
> It is know for me issue.
>
> At the time I was working on runable examples, samples on the
> main page were way simpler.
> Not we are hitting some limitations of Container Dpaste's
> backend is running in.
>
> I am working on new version of backend (and new container) as
> we speak so it will be solved once and for all.
>
> 1-2 days more and we will be done with it so IMHO no need take
> any additionals steps for it right now.

It took my way longer than I planned.

Just FYI, I've open-sourced dpaste backend, although it is devel
version 2.0:
https://github.com/nazriel/dpaste-be
https://github.com/nazriel/dpaste-be-worker

There is still lots to do:
- hardening
- commenting
- fixing remaining small issues

The old version, isn't worth sharing - way too much
wheel-reinvinting there, like own std.process... And it will be
replaced very soon anyways.

I've run all examples from dlang.org front-page as test case - so
far everything works! :)

```
Application output:

|       Województwo Mazowieckie, PL       |
|  weather      |  Sky is Clear           |
|  temperature  |  10.24°C (50.43°F)      |
```

The new version of the backend should be up and running on dpaste
before Sunday.

Stay tuned

Best regards,
Damian Ziemba