Shout out to D at cppcon, when talkign about ranges.

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 30 09:06:57 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 30 September 2015 at 01:45:49 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFUXNMfaciE
>
> From
> http://wiki.dlang.org/Component_programming_with_ranges
>
> Congrat H. S. Teoh

Thanks for the link, I watched the whole video today and it was a
very good presentation by Niebler.  He mentions D and Teoh's
example right at the top and gets an ovation at the 49
minute-mark, once he's gone through his entire C++ version of
Teoh's D example.

Interesting that they're using the pipe symbol for chaining, more
explicitly mimicking the unix command line.  The fact that
scoping meant that views and actions were explicitly labeled
could be a nice benefit, though I generally dislike such
verbosity normally.  It is amazing how noisy some of the
implementation code with templates is in C++: I felt like I was
looking at some Haskell variant compared to how clean D would
look for the same code.