Moving back to .NET

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 30 09:52:19 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 30 September 2015 at 09:49:34 UTC, rumbu wrote:
> I would believe that when core.sys.windows will have the same
> amount of code like core.sys.posix after the default
> installation.

I'm unbelievably close to that now, I just have a million other
things to do (...including adding Linux headers that are missing
from druntime too. it is less Linux- or Windows- centric and more
"the smallest amount of work the core devs can possibly do that
is useful"- centric)

> Or when mscoff32 libs will be included in setup.

dmd -m32mscoff generates those files and links with the Microsoft
linker. It just works when I try it on my computer (which already
has VS installed btw).

> Or when the libs from windows\lib will not have a content from
> 15 years ago.

I might change that too though I'm not in as much of a rush since
the 32mscoff and 64 don't use them anyway; they use the
up-to-date MS sdks.