Moving back to .NET

Jan Johansson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 30 11:16:52 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 20 September 2015 at 17:32:53 UTC, Adam wrote:
> My experiences with D recently have not been fun.
>
> The language itself has a top notch feature rich set. The
> implementation, excluding bugs, feels a bit boxy and old
> school. .NET has a unified approach and everything seems to fit
> together nicely and feels consistent. The abomination of dmd,
> though, is it's error messages. Most of them are meaningless
> and you have to dive down 2 or 3 levels of assumptions to
> figure out what they mean. It's not too bad but because of the
> poor tool set it makes it difficult to debug apps.
>
> [...]

I got many *many* years experience of .NET, and I find C# as a
quite nice language. I like the Interface construct (and many
more things). I tried mono, and find it a very interesting
project, but it also has lots of stuff unimplemented and some of
the stuff can't be done (Windows specific), since Xamarian
targets multiple platforms with their .NET version.

But go ahead! :-)