Could we reserve void[T] for builtin set of T ?

cym13 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 1 02:55:58 PDT 2016

On Friday, 1 April 2016 at 08:52:40 UTC, Q. Schroll wrote:
> [...]

I most of what is said here, assigning true or false makes for an
aweful API
compared to add() and remove(). I agree with Adam Ruppe that if
we are to use AA-like syntax we have to keep a coherent API.

Also, I don't like join etc... Please, just take the python
semantics. Sets
have been a builtin type for a long time now in that language and
they just
make sense, they are very polished. Not to mention that many
people that
expect sets to be part of the language itself seem to come from
python.

https://docs.python.org/3/library/stdtypes.html?highlight=set#set