Could we reserve void[T] for builtin set of T ?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 1 11:29:58 PDT 2016

On Friday, April 01, 2016 15:52:49 matovitch via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Indeed, just wanted to point that out. (I guess that's why the
> set was introduced before the unordered one in the c++ stl as
> well). I feel like containers are an old topic. Last time I asked
> I was told : wait for the allocators. What is the advancement on
> this side ? Are there any plan at writing more containers for
> phobos ? (I know that I am in the bad position of
> complaining...but if there is no obstacle...I am ready to write a
> draft of hashset in D, although surely not to phobos standards)

Now that Andrei has finished the allocators, he's redesigning the
containers, and supposedly, std.container is going to be replaced with what
he's working on (it'll probably called something like std.collection). How
far along he is, or when he'll actually present anything approaching a final
design, I don't know. He's posted a container or two for discussion
previously, but they were more esoteric things, and he was clearly still
working on a lot of the overall design of how the containers in general
would be put together (e.g. how they would handle Big-O in their API). Once
Andrei is farther along, I'm sure that he'll be looking for contributions
towards filling out a full set of containers based on his general container
API, but for now I'd suggest that folks just use the EMSI containers.

- Jonathan M Davis