How my little brother try D

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 4 14:44:42 PDT 2016

On Monday, 4 April 2016 at 20:53:43 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Saturday, 2 April 2016 at 21:29:27 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
>> After few hours he came to me and said that C# is better. When
>> I asked why he answered me that in D there is no std.file.move
>> method (I know there is a rename method but it is not obvious)
>
> Wait until he needs to rename a file in C#, then D suddenly
> becomes easier.
>
> Seriously though I agree, rename doesn't work across drives and
> Linux uses move for renaming (Windows uses rename for moving).

Oh this was the other thing I was looking for:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/23231073/34435

C#'s move doesn't work across network.

http://stackoverflow.com/a/20930431/34435

It also throws an exception if the file already exists instead of
overwriting.

And if you're in Windows you still need to worry about file
locking. But D does worse there, and still has annoyances I don't
recall.