The Sparrow language

BLM768 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 6 11:25:11 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 6 April 2016 at 13:15:48 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On the plus side Sparrow has a smoother integration of
> compile-time vs. run-time computation, which makes it a bit
> easier to transition from one to another.

Aside from the explicit annotations, I don't see how their
solution is more flexible than D's CTFE, but I might be missing
something.

What I think could be really interesting is a unification of
functions and templates. Template argument inference aside, a
template is basically just a memoized pure function that can take
types as arguments and/or return them. It would be interesting to
have a language that uses CTFE as its only "template" mechanism.