The Sparrow language

Lucian Radu Teodorescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 6 13:48:20 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 6 April 2016 at 18:27:25 UTC, BLM768 wrote:
> On Wednesday, 6 April 2016 at 18:25:11 UTC, BLM768 wrote:
>>
>> Aside from the explicit annotations, I don't see how their
>> solution is more flexible than D's CTFE, but I might be
>> missing something.
>
> Never mind. Just saw their language embedding example. Neat!

Compared to CTFE, in Sparrow you can run at compile-time *any*
algorithm you like. No restrictions apply. Not only you can do
whatever your run-time code can do, but can also call external
programs at compile-time.

Imagine that you are calling the D compiler from inside the
Sparrow compiler to compile some D code that you encounter.