The Sparrow language

BLM768 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 6 14:36:09 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 6 April 2016 at 20:48:20 UTC, Lucian Radu
Teodorescu wrote:
> Compared to CTFE, in Sparrow you can run at compile-time *any*
> algorithm you like. No restrictions apply. Not only you can do
> whatever your run-time code can do, but can also call external
> programs at compile-time.
>
> Imagine that you are calling the D compiler from inside the
> Sparrow compiler to compile some D code that you encounter.

Interesting. I guess that's why you'd have annotations on
variables that are set at compile time; without those
annotations, there would be no way to tell when the value is
calculated, and with non-pure functions, that becomes important.
In a way, requiring annotations is almost more elegant than
requiring functional purity...