So... let's document dmd

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 7 04:35:08 PDT 2016

On 2016-04-07 09:28, Walter Bright wrote:

> I suppose that being a compiler guy I wouldn't care to build a
> half-assed one. It's not *that* hard to get it perfect, but you will
> need to use a programming language to do it.

I usually feel the same, but that would require me modify the editor.
I've many times thought about create a plugin which uses a proper lexer
and parser but it's a lot of work for something that doesn't have a
plugin API.

Also, GitHub is using the TextMate grammar to do syntax highlighting for
D. If TextMate used a plugin for this instead, there would most likely
be no one maintaining the the grammar GitHub is using.

--
/Jacob Carlborg