Another algo for faster sorting

Andrea Fontana via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 7 06:32:43 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 7 April 2016 at 10:58:21 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> Coincidentally with another NG thread I'm curious if we can
> special-case our sort for
> strings to Three-Way Radix QuickSort which is more efficient:
>
> http://www.drdobbs.com/database/sorting-strings-with-three-way-radix-qui/184410724

Radix sort is a very fast way to sort strings and integers . But
it does not work with a custom " less" function . It just sorts
date to lexical way .

If phobos had a lexicalSort ( T [ ] , Ascending.YES ) ; probably
a lot of optimizations could be done for many data types.

Anyway my topic about sort optimization seems not to have a good
luck if not for benchmark inaccuracy :)

Andrea