Another algo for faster sorting

Jonathan Villa via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 7 09:23:31 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 7 April 2016 at 10:58:21 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> Coincidentally with another NG thread I'm curious if we can
> special-case our sort for
> strings to Three-Way Radix QuickSort which is more efficient:
>
> http://www.drdobbs.com/database/sorting-strings-with-three-way-radix-qui/184410724

The other day I had problems using Quicksort (trying to sorting
100_000 doubles) causing stackoverflow for so many recursive
calls (using .NET), then searching for other sorting algorithms I
found SHELL-SORT, it's not recursive and it ended being even
faster than Quicksort (what the heck? xd, well probably the JIT
compiler).

Now you want to sort strings, I don't know in that case, but
maybe that can be useful, who knows? c:

Here's the link where I got the algorithm (is in visual basic D:)

JV