the most D-ish GUI library

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 7 12:09:00 PDT 2016

On 2016-04-07 00:18, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> Last I used OSX even Apple's own programs were fairly inconsistent with
> each other. I guess that's changed?

Not sure what you're referring to.

> In what ways does Qt stuff not look native on OSX?

I don't have a really good example that is Qt and not the application.
One example that might be Qt is that most modal dialogs on OS X are
action sheets. That is, a dialog that is attached to a window. Other
examples are the main toolbar and preference windows. The rows of the
colors in tables are wrong. I don't know what Qt offers so I don't
really know if it's Qt or the application.

The icons for a Qt application usually looks alien but that's more a
choice for the application than the framework, I would guess.

> How does it compare  to GTK on OSX?

Well, GTK doesn't even try to look native. It looks as it does on Linux,
at least last time I used it. They actually have a native application
menu now days.

--
/Jacob Carlborg